Pages


I am woman, hear me roar!

30 April 2010

Our townhouse

I have been running around like a mad woman lately. Been busy repainting the townhouse that we are having rented, coordinating with brokers and finally finding a family who want to occupy our beloved space. The selection process is not at all easy, as anyone who has ever leased out or lent anything of value will tell you. It requires a lot of thought and more,actually so much more gut feel.

Women are supposed to have a keen sense of things, we are supposed to be intuitive. I can safely say that mine has been reliable so far, I cannot ever base my decision on what I see, what I hear and what people say. It has to feel right. It has fall into place, it has to be the perfect fit.

I have experienced how it is to look for a place to rent. After you get past deciding on whether or not its the ideal location, if the over-all look suits your taste and if the condition of the house is acceptable and if they can afford it, they have to be able to imagine themselves being there. They have to want to spend time there, look forward to being there, feel comfortable, safe and secure because they are there. That's why homes are special..it gives a sense of 'belonging'.

I maybe biased but this particular house is truly special. It was renovated with a family in mind- my own. This townhouse was carefully laid out bearing in mind the needs and comfort of Gabe, Chy, Yap and Moggy. You see, as a solo parent then, I pictured this house as the place where I will be in for the rest of my life. So careful attention was given to it (gotta be child-friendly!), making the impossible, possible (subdivide a room so Chy will have her privacy) and it had to make sense (more bathrooms make a happy home). It may sound corny but each tile, each nail, each coat of paint was an expression of a mother's love for her kids (and hard work!).

Little did I know that life had a wonderful surprise for me. I fell in love and married the man of my dreams in a quick, whirlwind romance. Ahhh, what a pleasant surprise! So one day we found ourselves moving to a bigger house that can better fit our new family, entrusting our beloved townhouse to our son who stayed there for a brief period.

And now that Luke got himself a new place, we fixed it and cleaned it and even before my ad was printed in the classified (i kid you not, its still about to come out this weekend!) a broker talked about a family who may be perfect for the place. They liked and reserved it immediately.

So all of last night and all of today was spent on planning, and I see myself for the next few days working on the minor-touch ups and the items that needed to be done before the turn-over. I would like the place to not only be clean and presentable, I want for the place to be homey and pleasant for family who promised to take care of it for us. I would like for them to spend many happy hours there and build beautiful memories and have many unforgettable celebrations there.

May it be filled with much joy and laughter as it did when my children and I called it home.

Nostalgic MrsA

No comments:

Post a Comment