Pages


I am woman, hear me roar!

07 May 2010

Daddy is home!


H is finally back from an over-extended business trip. The frequent travels is something I truly understand and accept as a part of his job, but this trip is particularly long and I was missing him too much.

So the minute he walked in the door, my world started spinning happily again.

Naturally, after many hours of catching up and snuggling, I insisted on cooking lunch for the man I love.

Today's lunch was spaghetti with prawns, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. This is actually my take on the dish, very light yet loaded with flavor. I was introduced to this the first time by the gorgeous Tita Merce when H and I paid her and Tito Jun a visit in their beautiful home about a month back. What I love about this other than its such a healthy alternative to the usual sauces is that it is quick and easy to make.

I am glad H is home.


Spaghetti with Olive Oil, Garlic and Lemon Juice

1/2 kilo spaghetti, cooked al dente
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
a few slivers of bacon, optional
3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1 large onion, chopped finely
1/2 kilo extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
juice of 1 and 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese or chili flakes, optional

Lay the bacon in a frying pan and cook until crispy. Discard bacon oil and remove cooked bacon from the pan. Set aside.
In the same pan, heat the olive oil then add the garlic and onion and saute until translucent. Add the shrimp and cook until pink. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the chopped tomatoes then immediately remove the pan from fire. You would like for the tomatoes to remain undercooked.
Toss in the cooked spaghetti and mix with the freshly cooked sauce. Drizzle in the lemon juice, toss and serve. Top with the crispy bacon, Parmesan or chili flakes if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment