Pages


I am woman, hear me roar!

07 May 2010

Amici ATC


Chy agreed to go to the mall with me today, I was so pleased. Since the kids started thinking that they no longer are kids, they started hanging out with me less. In many occasions, we have to lure them out of their rooms and bribe them with food or goodies to go with us anywhere.

After running some errands, Chy and I chanced upon a familiar logo. Amici of Don Bosco in Makati is now at Alabang Town Center! They are located at that spot that was vacated by Jollibee and Greenwich at the second floor of the new wing.

To those who have not sampled Amici, they serve Italian staples such as pizza, pasta and panini. They are also known for their gelato and dessert that ranges from Brazo de Mercedes to Sans Rival. I have known about this restaurant from a former co-worker Bebs, who consistently invited us to their Makati branch. "Authentic Italian at a very reasonable cost" Bebs said. She said that an Italian friar from Don Bosco started cooking and petty soon, people from all over traveled far and wide just to taste the flavorful food. I have not quite confirmed the truthfulness and veracity of the story but I have witnessed how people braved traffic just to get to Amici in Makati.

This new branch in ATC is a refreshing change. It boasts of new and fresh signs, wares and displays because that is what they are - new and fresh. The menu is the same though I overheard another patron say that the prices in ATC is higher than in Makati. I wouldn't be surprized- one is at church grounds and the other is in a mall. Go figure.

Chy ordered lasagne and I had their squash or pumpkin soup, I am not sure. Both were served with grilled ciabatta on the side. In addition, we ordered 4-cheeze pizza to be brought home for the boys as well as a pack of bread for the crostinis that I plan to make for H tomorrow. All that, for a little over Php 700, no kidding. Oh, and they gave away samples of gelato.

The taste? When one goes to a fast food restaurant, one should expect fast food -quality food and service. No more, no less. Chynna said that her lasagne is pretty good and I laughed at her when a string of mozzarella cheese hanged down her chin (what? is it was funny!) The point is, it had stringy cheese, not local cheddar. My soup was not bad, though it would be better without the cinnamon and the all-purpose cream that they drizzled on top. The pizza was gone within five minutes upon our arrival. Gabe and Moggy enjoyed the thin crust pizza with gooey assortment of cheeses on top. The ciabatta? I sliced it and brushed it with olive oil and grilled it for dinner- it made a breadaholic very happy.

Over-all,I think ATC did good by having Amici open there (Greewich vs Amici pizza, pasta? Gosh, no contest!). Soon they will be able to figure out a better more efficient service and will open for delivery too- so that will be an even better news; good for those days when one yearns for inexpensive Italian fast food.

MrsA

No comments:

Post a Comment