Pages


I am woman, hear me roar!

17 February 2011

What's my lunch today? Silken Tofu!


I have been having tofu for lunch lately. I truly enjoy the flavor and texture of this oriental delicacy and I like the idea that it is loaded with protein with very minimal fat content and is cholesterol free like all plant-based food. Plus, its quite easy to prepare like in this recipe below:



1/4 cup water
1 to 2 Tbps light soy sauce
1/2 Tsp Schiracha sauce, more if you like it spicy
1/2 packet sweetener or 1 tsp sugar
1 block tofu
Onion leeks or Kinchay for garnish (adds loads of flavor too!)
A dash of sesame oil, optional

* In a small saucepan, combine water, soy sauce, schiracha sauce and sweetener and allow to boil.
* Add the whole block of tofu and allow to cook, about 4 to 5 mins.
* Place cooked tofu in a plate, pour the sauce and top with onion leeks or kinchay.
* Put a dash of sesame oil if desired
* Serve immediately and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment