Pages


I am woman, hear me roar!

15 May 2010

Poker night at the Almonds: Whats on the menu?

H invited some of his friends for dinner so our kitchen has been very busy since yesterday. Between shopping for fresh ingredients, ordering stuff and scheduling delivery (timing is everything!), I was an exhausted mommy.

But I always enjoy having people over. I am what they call an ever enthusiastic hostess, with the tendency to over-plan, over-prepare and do everything over the top. Moderation has never been my thing.

On tonight's menu is crown roast, marinated in olive oil, thyme, rosemary and italian pasley. I served it to our relatives during our reunion during last Christmas holiday and it was a hit; I sure hope it turns our okay this time.

We will also have our party staples: fried chicken lollipops, mashed potatoes, lasagne and chicken cordon bleu. For dessert we will have caramel apples (yes, that carnival favorite) that we made cuz I couldn't pass up the mansanitas (small apples) at the grocery store yesterday. We also made cheesecake upon the request of H and chocolate mousse that the kids love.

Bar list includes the only cocktail that H truly enjoys: Margaritas. We pre-made them in massive quantities using Patron Tequila but I made two tubs of lemon and lime based and the another two with strawberries, so when the guests arrive, it will just be a matter of scooping them onto Margarita glasses.

I hope our friends like the food. I hope H wins in poker.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment